Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Twechar

I was born in the house behind me
On Monday, we returned from 4 days in Twechar, Scotland. I was born in Twechar. We stayed with my cousin Catherine. Most of the time, we were with Catherine and her sisters Bridget and Mary and Bridget's daughter, Ann. My second cousin Francis picked us up at the Glasgow International Airport. Catherine B McC and Elizabeth drove us around everywhere. In Glasgow, we went to the birthday party of Amy, the granddaughter of my cousin Jack. Jack's son, Joseph, who is my second cousin and his family, Karen and Amy visited us in Paris. Joe is the one who sent us the Scottish biscuits. Jack gave Geoffrey a bottle of 'aged malt' that Geoffrey left under a chair at the party......and I have not mentioned all the other members of the
behind our house my mother used to plant potatoes on this patch of green
family and their husbands and wives and partners and of course all their  beautiful children.  In Scotland, the Haughey family is rather big. We had a wonderful time.
At Amy's party, we were in a large room in a sport's club and they had the Celtic vs Rangers game on the large screen, so everyone was happy.






walking through the Glen behind our house
the view from the back of our house

No comments: